1944 Grumman G-21A Goose, c/n B-101, CF-VFU, FIFT. Dockside somewhere up Knight Inlet, B.C., Canada in spring 1969.
[1959 Kodak Retina IIIS (Type 027) rangefinder 35-mm roll film camera, s/n 86125, with Schneider-Kreuznach Retina-Xenon 50-mm f/1.9 Synchro Compur lens, s/n 6841319; Kodak Plus-X Pan (ISO 125/22°) 36-exposure black & white negative film]
© Copyright photograph by Uwe Kündrunar Scharnberg, 1969 / Stephan Alexander Scharnberg, March 2011
“The whole history of the Canadian North can be divided into two periods—before and after the aeroplane.”Hugh L. Keenleyside, Deputy Canadian Minister of Mines and Resources, October 1949
Sunday, January 29, 2012
1964 Hamburger Flugzeugbau HFB-320 Hansa Jet, c/n 1002/V2, D-CLOU, Deutsches Museum, Museuminsel, München, Bayern, Westdeutschland; powered by two 2,950-lbs thrust General Electric CJ610-5 turbojet engines; crew of two (pilot and co-pilot), seven to 11 passengers, business aviation/multi-role VIP and ECM (Electronic Counter Measures) electronic warfare trainer in the Luftwaffe (West German air force); mid-mounted, forward-swept wing (negative sweep), wing-tip auxiliary fuel tanks, T-tail; built by Hamburger Flugzeugbau GmbH, Hamburg Finkenwerder Airport (XFW), Hamburg-Finkenwerder, subsidiary of Blohm + Voss GmbH, Hamburg (shipyards); first turbojet-powered commercial aircraft designed and built in West Germany; built as second prototype; total production of 47 examples; first flight on October 19, 1964; severely damaged when landing gear collapsed during taxiing at Hamburg Finkenwerder Airport (XFW), Hamburg-Finkenwerder on January 30, 1968; deregistered; written off; re-registered as D-CASE in same year; rebuilt and re-registered as D-CLOU in 1969; withdrawn from use on September 24, 1970; acquired by Deutsches Museum in 1973.
Deutsches Museum, Museuminsel, München, Bayern on Wednesday, August 13, 1986.
[1984 Nikon FE2 SLR 35-mm roll film camera, s/n 1816483, with Nikkor AI 50-mm f/1.8 lens, s/n 2336591, and 52-mm polarizing filter; Kodak Kodacolor VR 200 36-exposure colour negative film]
© Copyright photographs by Stephan Alexander Scharnberg, August 1986